LAW IN BUSINESS FROM EUROPEAN PERSPECTIVE
Tutor: JUDr. Marta Zavadilová, Ph.D.
This LL.M. programme offers a unique opportunity to acquire an in-depth knowledge of all areas of private and public law relevant for business activities in the European Union. Special attention is given particularly to private international law, corporate law, law of contractual and non-contractual obligations, competition law, EU internal market freedoms, tax law, labour law, intellectual property law and commercial dispute resolution from the European Union law and international law perspective.
This LL.M. programme is intended especially for lawyers planning to or already working as in-house counsels, auditors or attorneys specializing in (international) commercial law. Students are required to complete 5 mandatory courses (each for 8 credits). In addition they have to complete a minimum of 4 optional courses of their choice (each for 5 credits). In the third semester students are expected to attend the LL.M. Thesis Seminar (5 credits) and write, submit and orally defend an LL.M. Thesis. (25 credits).
- Introduction to European Business Law, responsible supervisor: JUDr. Alena Bányaiová, CSc.
- Private International Law and International Business Transactions, responsible supervisor: JUDr. Marta Zavadilová, Ph.D.
- European Contract and Tort Law
- EU Internal Market Freedoms and Competition Law, responsible supervisor: JUDr. Magdalena Svobodová, Ph.D.
- International Economic Law, responsible supervisor: Prof. JUDr. Pavel Šturma, DrSc.
- EU Law - General Introductory Course, responsible supervisor: Prof. JUDr. Richard Král Ph.D., LL.M. (Mandatory for students from non-EU countries who cannot prove previous sufficient background in EU Law)
- Fundamentals of Private Law for Business and the Judicial Protection of Rights, responsible supervisor: Doc. JUDr. Ondřej Frinta, Ph.D., Prof. JUDr. Alena Macková, Ph.D.
- Social Rights and their Protection, responsible supervisor: Doc. JUDr. Martin Štefko, Ph.D., Prof. JUDr. Kristina Koldinská, Ph.D.
- Transnational corporations: rights and duties, responsible supervisor: JUDr. Monika Feigerlová, Ph.D., LL.M.
- Comparative Private Law, responsible supervisors: Prof. JUDr. Michael Bogdan, B.A., LL.M.
- Public Law Regulation of Business Activities, responsible supervisors: Prof. JUDr. Milan Damohorský, DrSc., Prof.. JUDr. Zdeněk Kühn, PhD., SJD, LLM.
- Intellectual Property Law, responsible supervisor: JUDr. at MgA. Petra Žikovská
- Tax Law, responsible supervisor: JUDr. Petr Kotáb, Ph.D.