LAW IN BUSINESS FROM EUROPEAN PERSPECTIVE
Tutor: JUDr. Marta Zavadilová, Ph.D.
This LL.M. programme offers a unique opportunity to acquire an in-depth knowledge of all areas of private and public law relevant for business activities in the European Union. Special attention is given particularly to private international law, corporate law, law of contractual and non-contractual obligations, competition law, EU internal market freedoms, tax law, labour law, intellectual property law and commercial dispute resolution from the European Union law and international law perspective.
This LL.M. programme is intended especially for lawyers planning to or already working as in-house counsels, auditors or attorneys specializing in (international) commercial law. Students are required to complete 5 mandatory courses (each for 8 credits). In addition they have to complete a minimum of 4 optional courses of their choice (each for 5 credits). In the third semester students are expected to attend the LL.M. Thesis Seminar (5 credits) and write, submit and orally defend an LL.M. Thesis. (25 credits).
- Business and Commercial Law, responsible supervisor: JUDr. Alena Bányaiová, CSc.
- Fundamentals of Private Law for Business and the Judicial Protection of Rights, responsible supervisor: JUDr. Ondřej Frinta, Ph.D., Doc. JUDr. Alena Macková, Ph.D.
- Private International Law and International Business Transactions, responsible supervisor: Prof. JUDr. Monika Pauknerová, CSc., DSc.
- EU Internal Market Freedoms and Competition Law, responsible supervisor: JUDr. Magdalena Svobodová, Ph.D.
- International Economic Law, responsible supervisor: Prof. JUDr. Pavel Šturma, DrSc. JUDr. Vladimír Balaš, CSc.
- EU Law - General Introductory Course, responsible supervisor: Doc. JUDr. Richard Král Ph.D., LL.M. (Mandatory for students from non-EU countries who cannot prove previous sufficient background in EU Law)
- Public Regulatory Policy: An Economic Perspective, responsible supervisor: Ing. Helena Chytilová, Ph.D.
- Social Rights and their Protection, responsible supervisor: Doc. JUDr. Martin Štefko, Ph.D.
- Possibility to participate in International Moot Court competitions, responsible supervisor: Prof. JUDr. Monika Pauknerová, CSc., DSc., Doc. JUDr. Vladimír Balaš, CSc.
- Comparative Private Law, responsible supervisors: Prof. JUDr. Michael Bogdan, B.A., LL.M., Prof. Kurt Siehr
- Public Law Regulation of Business Activities, responsible supervisors: Prof. JUDr. Milan Damohorský, DrSc., Doc. JUDr. Zdeněk Kühn, PhD., SJD, LLM.
- Intellectual Property Law, responsible supervisor: JUDr. at MgA. Petra Žikovská
- Tax Law, responsible supervisor: JUDr. Petr Kotáb, Ph.D.