The Law and Business in the Czech Republic and Central Europe
Tutor: Prof. JUDr. Monika PAUKNEROVÁ, CSc., DSc.
This LL.M. programme offers its participants a unique chance to cover in detail all areas of Private Law relevant for Central European countries. This means that the programme will not solely deal with local legislation governing business activities. On the contrary, it will provide students with broad exposure to various fields and relevant regulations. Special emphasis will be given to the legislative impact of the European Union and also to the aspects of Private International Law. An integral part of the programme will be excursions – e.g. to the Czech National Bank, High Court in Prague, Metropolitan Court in Prague, Stock Exchange, Economic Chamber of the Czech Republic, Agricultural Chamber of the Czech Republic, Arbitration Court attached to the Economic Chamber of the Czech Republic and to the Agricultural Chamber of the Czech Republic. With additional background given to the general economic theories and issues, this programme is aimed especially for lawyers potentially or already working in the economic sector as in-house counsels, auditors or attorneys specialized in Business Law.
Students are required to complete 5 mandatory courses (each for 8 credits). Moreover they are obliged to choose and complete at least 4 optional courses (each for 5 credits). In the third semester students are expected to attend a LL.M. Thesis Seminar (5 credits), complete an LL.M. Thesis under the supervision of a tutor and defend it before a committee (25 credits).
- Business and Commercial Law, responsible supervisor: JUDr. Alena Bányaiová, CSc.
- Fundamentals of Private Law for Business and the Judicial Protection of Rights, responsible supervisor: JUDr. Ondřej Frinta, Ph.D., Doc. JUDr. Alena Macková, Ph.D.
- Private International Law and International Business Transactions, responsible supervisor: Prof. JUDr. Monika Pauknerová, CSc., DSc.
- EU Internal Market Freedoms and Competition Law, responsible supervisor: JUDr. Magdalena Svobodová, Ph.D.
- International Economic Law, responsible supervisor: Prof. JUDr. Pavel Šturma, DrSc. JUDr. Vladimír Balaš, CSc.
- EU Law - General Introductory Course, responsible supervisor: Doc. JUDr. Richard Král Ph.D., LL.M. (Mandatory for students from non-EU countries who cannot prove previous sufficient background in EU Law)
- Public Regulatory Policy: An Economic Perspective, responsible supervisor: Ing. Helena Chytilová, Ph.D.
- Social Rights and their Protection, responsible supervisor: Doc. JUDr. Martin Štefko, Ph.D.
- Possibility to participate in International Moot Court competitions, responsible supervisor: Prof. JUDr. Monika Pauknerová, CSc., DSc., Doc. JUDr. Vladimír Balaš, CSc.
- Comparative Private Law, responsible supervisors: Prof. JUDr. Michael Bogdan, B.A., LL.M., Prof. Kurt Siehr
- Public Law Regulation of Business Activities, responsible supervisors: Prof. JUDr. Milan Damohorský, DrSc., Doc. JUDr. Zdeněk Kühn, PhD., SJD, LLM.
- Intellectual Property Law, responsible supervisor: JUDr. at MgA. Petra Žikovská
- Introduction to Financial law, responsible supervisor: JUDr. Petr Kotáb, Ph.D.